From 1st September 2014, all children in KS1 - (Year’s Reception, 1 and 2) are entitled to receive a Free School Meal (Universal Free School Meals). Meals can be ordered on a daily basis at registration.
The currentKS1 menu can be viewed here:
School meals for KS2 children (Years 3 – 6) are £11.00 per week (£2.20 per day) and can be ordered at the school office. Payment is via our secure online payment system Parentpay. The minimum payment is £11.00.
The Current KS2 Menu can be viewed here:
Free school meals (Pupil Premium)
Families of children and young people in full-time education at any school maintained by Leicestershire County Council may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
The current criteria for claiming free school meals are as follows:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based)
- Child Tax Credit, provided the annual taxable income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue is not in excess of £16,190. Families who also receive an award of Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim for free school meals
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Children who receive Income Support (IS) or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
To apply for free school meals, you can:
- E-mail email@example.com
- Download the Free School Meals Application Form (Word doc, 245kb)
- Request an application form on 0116 305 7093
- Collect an application pack from the school office
- Apply via telephone on 0116 305 6588
The postal address is:
School Food Support Service
Leicestershire County Council