The health and safety of all children is of paramount importance at Manorfield C of E Primary School. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that school provides a secure environment in which their children can flourish. In order to do this, a wide range of measures and policies are put in place. These are reviewed every year and are available:
- Administration of medicines
- Child Protection
- Health and Safety
- Internet Safety
- Use of photographs / videos
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are Miss Felicity Clarke (Headteacher), Mrs Anne Hinchliffe (Deputy Headteacher) and Mrs Leanne Jones (Assistant Headteacher)
Child Protection and Safeguarding
The Safeguarding Policy at Manorfield C of E Primary School is based on the county recommended policy and is updated annually and verified by the Full Governing Body. The updates reflect the changes to the county policy.
The key features of the Safeguarding policy are to:
- Provide children with a safe and secure environment
- Ensure there are trusted adults children feel they can talk to
- Ensure staff are aware of referral procedures
- Access and act on advice from Leicestershire Child Safeguarding Board if there is any uncertainty as to the course of action required
All staff receive Safeguarding training in-house and bi-annually from a representative of the Leicestershire Child Safeguarding Board. Staff also received WRAP training in March 2016 in recognition of the changing safeguarding needs of the country.
For the full Child protection and safeguarding policy please click here