PE and Sport Grant
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and Sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils so they develop healthy lifestyles.
Purpose of Funding
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Manorfield C E Primary School has decided to use the money to:
- Increase pupils’ participation in the sports and physical activities, including a broad range of after school clubs.
- Improve resources to support the development of the subject.
- Provide professional coaching and training for teachers to develop their skills.
- Organise active lunchtime sessions, ensuring pupils have an opportunity to take part in physical activity during the lunch break.
- Organise inter-house sports competitions or tournaments
- Take part in sports competitions, to provide opportunities for team sports.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils in Year 1 - 6 as at the annual January Census.